Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Donut Kingdom is coming!

I'm going to have to give part of the credit for this blog topic to Adam G. He informed me yesterday that a Donut Kingdom is going in on Tennessee St, only two blocks from the Union. I drove past it on my way home and saw the sign, it was beautiful. Needless to say, the SAC staff will be making many trips there once it opens, or at least Adam and I will. Krispy Kreme will always be my favorite, but with a donut shop 2 blocks away, I will be a frequent customer.

In the spirit of my Top 5 lists and with this new business opening up close by today's list is . . . my 5 favorite Krispy Kreme's of all time.
1) Key Lime Pie -- I've only seen it and had it once (even referenced it in a previous post). It was really good, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Accoriding to internet research it was introduced as the flavor of the month in June 2003, no news on it since.

2) Chocolate Iced Custard Filled -- You can also call it a Boston Cream Pie, but I call dibs on it the next time it's in any assorted dozen anyone brings to the office.

3) Chocolate Iced Cake -- Not the glazed donut with chocolate icing, the cake donut with chocolate icing. Simple and delicious. Sprinkles and other decorations are optional, I'll eat it either way.

4) New York Cheesecake -- This is a pretty heavy donut, but I like it because I also like cheescake. It's the closest thing they have to a Key Lime donut, the filling's about the only thing different.

5) Cinnamon Apple Filled -- I'll eat anything that has cinnamon and apple in combination, donuts included.
Basically, the only kind of donut I don't like is anything that has coconut on it or in it. If you're a Dunkin Donut fan, be kind on the comments.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the donuts will be the death of our staff...ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the classic glazed donut.

    ReplyDelete