Monday, May 11, 2009

As Seen on TV

So, after seeing some sort of infomercial this weekend, it gave me a blog idea. Five things that I've seen on TV that I've bought, been given as a gift or played with over the years. Keep in mind, I never called a 1-800 number or anything, most of this current stuff you can find in any store. Here goes the list:

1) Snuggie - I bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Seriously, all of you know I own one. It's no big secret. It's not made to keep you warm on it's own, but if you're already in a sweatshirt, then it's wonderful.

Pros - Keeps me warm while watching TV in the winter and I still get to use my hands and move my arms around.

Cons - Many of you make fun of me for it, but I don't care, it's worth it.


2) OxyClean - Bought many times at Wal-Mart.I was a skeptic at first, but I had an uncle who swore by this stuff. So I bought it, and you know what, the stuff works pretty well.


Pros - It's best to spot treat stains in carpet and to get a good scrubbing of the kitchen sink.

Cons - I don't notice a big difference as a laundry booster, but I still use it anyway.



3) Sports Illustrated Tote/Gym Bag - Free gift with a subscription that my brother got me for Christmas a couple years ago.
This isn't the exact version, but it's the closest thing I could find. At first, I didn't know what to do with it, but then it hit me. I keep all my softball stuff in it, shoes, glove, ball, etc. .

Pros - When all my stuff is out of it during a game, it gives me a place to keep my keys and cell phone.

Cons - Put together pretty cheaply and after using it for two years, it's begun to tear in a couple places.



4) Rolling Ruler - Grandmother bought one each for me and my brother as a Birthday present, I have to guess that it was 15 years ago.

After seeing it on TV for a long time, it looked like it would be a lot of fun to play with and draw stuff. I don't have any idea if we told her we wanted it, but it was a nice surprise.

Pros - It was my first "As seen on TV" item, that was pretty cool. Plus the built in protractor to make the perfect angles and the holes in the ruler to make perfect circles was awesome.

Cons - The no-slip wheels were a bunch of crap. You'd think that they'd be some type of rubber material, but they were cheap plastic. The thing never rolled straight.


5) Whisper 2000 - My family inherited it (kind of) after my great uncle died, again probably 15 years ago.

It was fun to play with, it first was played with at a BBQ one summer with a bunch of aunts and uncles.

Pros - It really works, you can hear noises from far away. Talking at a normal voice from across the backyard was easy to hear.

Cons - Every noise was magnified, so it's not that great.

Hope you all enjoyed the 5 As Seen on TV items and what my thoughts on them all are. Consumer Reports has nothing on me, just don't make fun of my Snuggie.

3 comments:

  1. yea...I'm still making fun of the snuggie. I have to. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a snuggie. Can you please talk Brian into getting one for me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy,

    This is Brian. I can't believe you have a snuggie. Please tell me that it is Tennessee Orange. Just wait till all the old Reese guys hear about it.

    ReplyDelete