Monday, May 9, 2011

Boom Shaka Laka

It was a great weekend back in Tallahassee, I really have missed my friends from there since I've moved. I'm not the only one to have moved away in the past year, but being back with a lot of them this weekend really made me realize how much I've missed them.

Today's song in my head: The background music in "NBA Jam"



Why?: Over the course of the past 2 days, I've played this game for about 5-6 hours, but who's counting. I'm not a video game player by any means, the newest video game system I bought was a Playstation 2 back in 2004, now it's nothing more than a DVD player.

NBA Jam was my favorite video game back in high school, I beat that game on just about all the difficulty levels. Needless to say, this past Friday night in Tallahassee when I overheard Adam and Mike talking about how they were going to play it on Saturday, I invited myself to the participate. It took a little while to get back in the swing of things, Mike easily won the first 4-5 games any of us played, but after that the 3 of us took equal turns beating each other. It's just a great and fun game, I've always been a fan of sports video games and the fact that you can finish a game so quickly is half the fun.

The background music and the color commentary of the announcers will be running through my head for awhile.

--------------------------------------------------

Dumbest thing I heard over the weekend: There really wasn't anything dumb heard or said over the weekend, it was just a bunch of friends hanging out with each other. There was one great story I heard from a few people and the story never changed. A former co-worker, Lori, was taking a job candidate to dinner one night and let the valet service at a local restaurant park her car. The valet left her doors unlocked when it was parked, so when they brought the car back to her after the meal, there was a homeless man sitting in the backseat drinking a beer. Lori got her car from the valet and noticed the homeless man so she started asking questions to the valet and restaurant staff. There was a question asked by the manager of the restaurant (clearing trying not to take any of the blame) to Lori that went something like this:

Manager: Are you sure he (homeless man) wasn't there when you dropped your car off?

Really??? Who keeps someone like that in the backseat of their car . . . idiot manager. Apparently, the car smelled really bad after all this, Lori did get the restaurant to pay for the inside of her car to get detailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment